We engage residents and visitors in the care and preservation of the Choptank River through these activities:
- Identifying, documenting, mapping, and publishing information about historic sites and other cultural resources.
- Promoting the Choptank River watershed as a destination for heritage and adventure tourism, and eco-tourism.
- Attracting visitors to the Choptank River watershed who will become engaged in preserving its natural and cultural heritage.
- Educating the public about the natural and cultural heritage of the Choptank River and its tributaries.
- Partnering with government, private, and non-profit organizations to pursue common goals for preserving the natural and cultural resources of the Choptank River and its tributaries.
The Choptank River Heritage web site presents presents descriptions, photos, and maps of over 300 historic sites near the Choptank and Tuckahoe Rivers. The historic resources include sites on the National Register of Historic Places, and historic and cultural resources identified in Maryland’s Upper Choptank River and Tuckahoe River Cultural Resource Inventory (1998) and Lower Choptank River Cultural Resource Inventory (2002), funded by the Maryland Historical Trust.
Visit these Choptank River Heritage Resources:
- Heritage Places: A map gallery
- Heritage Sketches: People in Their Own Place and Time
- Choptank Heritage Sites
To participate, contact email@example.com
View Larger Map